SMS Marketing Statistics: 10 statistics you need to know
SMS marketing continues to earn its place in the digital marketing landscape with its steady growth and ability to deliver high ROI. In fact, here are the top 10 SMS marketing statistics to back up such claims.
These numbers show that SMS can be an effective marketing channel that you should consider adding to your overall marketing and communications strategy.
1. 75% of cellular phones worldwide are SMS-enabled. Experts also expect that this trend will continue to rise to 90% within this decade. Therefore, businesses are encouraged to build their own SMS marketing campaigns to take advantage of this growth.
2. Americans have developed a habit of using texting apps on a cell at least once a day, making it one of the widely used apps.
3. Based on research done by eMarketer, cell phone users prefer to book reservations (31%), set appointments (32%), and check order status (38%) via text messaging.
4. In 2017, SMS marketing tools and techniques contributed 40% of revenue growth to marketers, according to BIA/Kelsey.
5. Push messages and geotagging are considered to be a valuable SMS feature, according to 70% of consumers.
6. More than 40% of consumers prefer to receive marketing promos through SMS over any other communication channels. This is a very useful SMS text marketing statistics.
8. 50% of consumers respond well to business SMS like QR codes and discount coupons, so well that they make direct purchases after receiving those text promos.
9. The redemption rates of mobile coupons, especially when sent via SMS, are 10X higher than printed coupons. Mobile coupon redemption can also keep consumers engaged, and thus, can increase consumer retention.
10. 90% of consumers who opted to receive promos and alerts via SMS benefited greatly from joining such programs, according to Hipcricket.
There you have it – the 10 SMS marketing statistics you need to know. The exponential growth of smartphones over the years have definitely made text messaging the most prevalent mobile activities people do.
With this SMS mobile marketing statistics, you can consider running SMS campaigns along with your other marketing methods to drive business growth and profit.
One of the best marketing statistics for bulk text messaging is that over 98% of messages are opened within 3 minutes of receipt, 95% are read right away, and over 45% are responded to, making SMS marketing one of the most cost-effective ways to reach customers.
The redemption rates of mobile coupons, especially when sent via SMS, are 10x higher than printed coupons, meaning that people are more likely to see, keep, and redeem mobile discount offers received via text message.
The high read and respond rates of SMS marketing means that text messages are one of the cheapest and most efficient ways to reach new and existing customers. You can try all kinds of techniques to boost engagement with customers via SMS.
More than 40% of consumers prefer to receive marketing messages via SMS compared to other channels, almost 80% of consumers expect text promos to help them with buying decisions, and over 50% of consumers respond well to discounts and QR codes received via text.