10 Text marketing statistics that prove to invest in texting is the right choice for your business
1. 98% of adults in the US (from the ages of 18-29) own a phone that is capable of receiving text messages. This text marketing statistic listed on CustomerThink’s website provides all the more reason for businesses to start SMS campaigns in order to attract more customers towards their brand. Since such a large number of the global population owns a cell phone, they are bound to receive and respond to texts.More than 50% of consumers would rather text for customer support than call. Calls are usually irritating for consumers and in today’s fast-moving, they would appreciate a text message which they can read on their own time instead of a call.
2. More than 50%of consumers would rather text for customer support than call. Calls are usually irritating for consumers and in today’s fast-moving, they would appreciate a text message which they can read on their own time instead of a call.
3. According to Harris Poll Interactive, 64% of consumers are likely to perceive a company contacting them by text in a positive light, increasing the chances of business gaining more customers.
4. More text marketing statistics show that the response time for a text is a mere 90 seconds. With good, quick customer support service, potential clients are likely to lean towards a business.
5. Customers are 10x more likely to use mobile coupons. A common use of text message marketing is to send offers and discounts to customers if they avail coupons. These offers are usually time sensitive so through SMS, customers are more likely to avail them before they expire as it is the fastest way to communicate with consumers.
6. Text Local states that SMS boats a higher rate than mobile advertising. Customers’ book appointments make in-store purchases, downloaded apps and make similar actions due to SMS advertising rather than any other form of advertising. These text marketing statistics are the reason why more and more companies have begun to opt for this method of marketing.
7. 87% of millennials have their smartphone close at hand 24/7 while 80% say reaching for it is the first thing they do in the morning. This text marketing statistics show that today’s generation is addicted to smartphones which is a great opportunity for businesses to reach and interact with them timely.
8. 64% of consumers believe that businesses should use SMS messages to interact with customers more often than they already do. When customers prefer this method of marketing, then it is inevitable that it will yield positive results.
9. There is a particular preference for SMS-based services focused on security, identification, and assurance. Organizations like banks send text message updates to account holders if money is debited or credited to make sure they are aware of all their account activities.
10. SMS Marketing is 6-8 times more engaging. It is immediate, short, and easy to process and does not involve the time commitment that email does. All the above-mentioned text marketing statistics prove why the advertising department of companies has shifted its focus towards these methods.