A healthy combination of new emerging and long-standing trends is reportedly what defines the social media landscape this 2018.
If you’re planning to promote your SMS marketing efforts on social media, Facebook and YouTube would be your best bet. Pew Research’s most recent survey of American adults (18-24-year-olds) has shown that these sites dominate the social media landscape. Other sites that standout among this age crowd includes Snapchat (78%), Instagram (71%), and Twitter (45%).
Now that you know where to get started, here are the other social media marketing statistics that will help you look deeper into this year’s trends.
10 Social media marketing statistics 2018
1. Facebook comes first to mind when 93% of marketers, or 3 million businesses, think of an effective advertising platform.
2. Marketers are likely to get clicks and impressions on their Facebook content when they post updates between 1 PM and 3 PM on Thursdays and Fridays.
3. In the US, YouTube has a wider demographic reach, 18-34 and 18-49-year-olds, than any cable network.
4. Twitter is a great marketing platform for 88% of businesses with over 100 employees.
5. The most popular “Instagrammed” dish is pizza, while sushi and steak come second best.
6. Of 800 million Instagram accounts, more than 80% follow a business.
7. Social media has made it faster and easier for 59% of Americans to get their customer service-related inquiries answered.
8. About 9,000 photos are shared on Snapchat every second, and more than 400 million snaps are posted every day.
9. Twitter has seen a 69% increase in their total engagement with ads since 2017, and cost per engagement has decreased by 28%.
10. Men and women think that they are more equally represented on LinkedIn than any other social network.
On a final note, social media shows no sign of slowing down soon. Make adjustments to your strategy as necessary but make sure that they are still relevant to your overall marketing objectives.