Need some sense of direction with your e marketing? Here are some of the most important stats and trends to guide you.
1. The global Internet user population was more than 1 billion as of December 2017, and 3.2 billion of these users also owned a social media account(s).
2. As of April 2018, 8 billion websites occupied the Internet.
3. 87% of internet users now own a smartphone.
4. 81% of online consumers do their own research first before making a purchase.
5. Mobile commerce makes up 30% of all ecommerce markets in the US.
6. The number of businesses that are happy with the conversion rates they’re getting is approximately 22%.
8. On Google, the average word count of articles on the first-page result is 1,890
9. Content provided the highest ROI among other SEO tactics according to 73% of marketers.
10. Approximately 80% of internet traffic will be video by 2021, with 1.9 billion users who’ll be watching 3 trillion minutes of video per month.
11. Voice search could be the next big thing as 60% of smartphone owners have learned how to use to it within the last 12 months.
12. Websites will rank higher on Google SERP if they are Mobile-friendly.
13. 69% of email users quickly delete newsletters that are not mobile-friendly.
14. 9%, or $32.17 billion, will be spent on social media and native ads.
15. On average, repeat ecommerce customers spend $52.50, which is twice the amount of how much new customers typically spend.
In general, the Internet is in a healthy state with its ever-growing market and business opportunities. So, if you’re planning to use e marketing to drive sales growth, now is the best time to do it.