Business-to-consumer, or B2C marketing, is a method that marketers use to promote services or products to consumers and make a sale off of it. Any business transaction, whether in-store or online, between a business and a customer, can be described as B2C.
Even though it looks like a simple process, consumers actually go through different stages before a final transaction happens. B2C marketers use a sales funnel strategy to acquire leads, turn them into prospects, and then convert them into paying customers.
For example, you sell toddler toys online. How can you influence your target market (e.g. parents)? Here are a few suggestions:
- Write a comprehensive buying guide
- Get or write expert reviews on the latest toy releases
- Hire a copywriter to prepare the product descriptions
- Invest in good product photography
The trick is to learn what your consumers truly want and how you can show them that you’re listening. And you can use B2C marketing to achieve both of these things.
How does B2C work?
- Introduces your brand to your target consumers
- Promotes customer engagement
- Leads any customer to the final stage of the sales funnel – purchase
B2C Strategies that Work
But to get to any of these stages, you need to put a strategy in place. So, here are a few tactical strategies to help you get started.
- Content marketing
- Video marketing
- Social media and influencer advertising/marketing
- Email marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Affiliate marketing
- Membership programs
- Freebies and exclusive deals
- Mobile-first techniques (responsive web design, mobile advertising, SMS marketing)
- Text message marketing
With the right tools and strategies, B2C marketing can help both businesses and consumers get to the end-goal of things. Businesses want to make more profit, whereas consumers want to pay for a product or service that will make their lives easier. With that said try text message marketing, it’s the perfect B2C marketing strategy.